- Migrant group in a reception situation in Barcelona and professionals in the reception system
Pla Clima – EMigra
The project seeks to contribute to cultural change for eco-social transformation by favoring spaces for participation and cultural exchange in which the migrant group in a reception situation in Barcelona express and share their experiences and knowledge with the dual purpose of (1) making visible the climatic and environmental factors that induce population movements and (2) improving the energy management practices of homes.
In a climate emergency context it is important to understand the complexities of the new reality we live in and, therefore, it is time to openly question daily needs, practices and habits. The Emigra project wants to involve the migrant group as a clear vision of contribution in this process.
The project is divided into 3 axes of action:
(1) Research work: Research and visualization of the links between the impacts of the climate crisis and the exploitation of energy resources and human mobility.
(2) Workshops on mutual learning and participatory research: (a) Workshops on the links between the exploitation of energy resources, the climate emergency and migration; and (b) workshops on energy management in countries of origin to improve household energy management habits.
(3) Guide with instructions for professionals, entities and public administration that work with the migrant group.
Participation of Ecoservices
Ecoserveis conducts workshops on energy management in countries of origin to improve energy management habits in households. Ecoserveis also produces a guide with instructions for professionals, entities and public administration that work with the migrant group.
- Communicate the importance of the climate crisis as an inducer of forced population movements arriving in the city of Barcelona.
- Promote the co-creation, review and dissemination of improvements in practices and habits for responsible energy management.
- Improve the knowledge and empowerment of technical people in the field of reception, of migrant asylum seekers about climate change and other forms of environmental degradation.
- Emphasize the potential for eco-social transformation of the migrant group.