- Euroregion energy technicians and professionals so that they can go in-depth on the use of this technology in accordance with the specificities of the Pyrenees-Mediterranean region
- Construction sector technicians and professionals to ensure that they have the tools to assess the suitability of this energy-efficient technology
- Political decision-makers in municipalities and regional authorities who plan part of the energy management
- The general public so that they can understand the technology and assess its installation at a domestic level
The Pyrenees-Mediterranean Network for the efficient use of geothermal energy wants to share Catalan experience and knowledge of low-temperature geothermal energy with other areas of the Euroregion. Through training, visits and information services we promote knowledge of geothermal energy, as it has established itself as a proven, reliable, renewable and efficient energy technology. It helps to lower CO2 emissions while reducing electricity consumption and reliance on fossil fuels. This way, we are contributing to the European Union’s energy strategy.
Low-temperature geothermal energy takes advantage of the heat absorbed by the Earth from the Sun, which penetrates the subsoil keeping it at a stable temperature. Geothermal heat pumps use this constant temperature to heat or cool a fluid and meet the heating, cooling and hot water needs of a building.
This technology, which has captured the imagination of many nearby regions, is an opportunity to establish a network to communicate and share experience and geothermal technology in the Euroregion.
- Publicising the experience with low-temperature geothermal energy in Barcelona through the European research project of the Seventh Framework Programme (Ground-Med).
- Training technicians, political decision-makers and construction sector professionals from the Pyrenees-Mediterranean region so they can gain an understanding of the specific use of low-temperature geothermal energy.
- Informing and training the general public to assess the use of geothermal technology.
Participation of Ecoserveis
We are the project coordinators and the promoters of the cross-border geothermal network of France, Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.