- PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANIES, ESE
- PUBLIC ENTITIES
As the EU leans towards sustainable energy, co-creation is becoming the future of the energy services market. This implies a change in the balance of power, turning clients into a new generation of partners and putting them in the spotlight of the energy sector. The SENDER Project will develop energy service applications for a proactive demand response (DR), home automation and security mechanisms. Through the participation of clients in a co-creation process, the project will change the DR from a reactive approach to a proactive one. Consumer data will be gathered and processed to identify usual consumption patterns, which will be reflected through digital twins (DT) based on artificial intelligence technologies with the addition of their supply and demand characteristics.
Ecoserveis will contribute to the specification of a proactive system of demand response, working on the definition of the participation strategies of consumers (WP3). In addition to that, Ecoserveis will also be in charge of coordinating its implementation, working on the consumers commitment to the pilots, supervising the installation of equipment, the demonstration and the monitoring and, furthermore, will also supervise the analysis of the results (WP7).
The main goal of SENDER is to develop and test the next generation of applications of the energy services to meet demand, home automation and comfort. The project will bring the consumers to the core of the energy market, involving them in a process of co-creation alongside other agents of the energy field during the specification of active DR mechanisms to attend the long-term incentive of consumers.
According to the objectives, these are the expected results:
- There will be an increase in efficiency/capacity of accommodation of the distribution networks, therefore improving the quality of load forecasts and providing access to the load flexibility. This will lead to the improvement of frequency stability, a better congestion management and a greater integration of renewable energies. Furthermore, the participation of balance/regulators in market powers will provide the revenue for the potential of flexibility.
- There will be a change to the response to demand from a reactive to a proactive approach.
- The data of consumers will be gathered and processed to identify the usual consumption patterns and will create digital twins (DT) based on artificial intelligence technologies and will add the characteristics of supply and demand of them.
- It will allow interoperability with inherited systems and third-party applications.